Sunday, November 22, 2015

CECS 5510 - Reflections on Week 13

I am now in week thirteen of course CECS 5510 Technology-Based Learning Environments. This has been the week to put the final touches on my course development and the job aid that is associated with the course. This has been an extremely busy week. Not only did I have finishing touches to complete, but I also had peer reviews to complete for classmates. First, I completed a peer review on my classmate’s job aid. After looking through their job aid, I realized how differently these documents can look from one developer to another. We each had different ideas on how to organize the information for whoever would be facilitating the online course. Second, I had to also complete a peer review for my classmate on the last quarter of their course. Trying to complete these peer reviews and also put the final touches on my course and job aid took more time than I anticipated.
Throughout this course, the biggest challenge that I faced was the inconsistency of class loads from week to week. One week seemed to be fairly easy to complete the activities, and then the following week would be packed with extra assignments. I found myself constantly looking ahead at the upcoming modules to see if there was anything I could work on ahead of time. This was done in an effort to keep from being completely overwhelmed in those weeks that had extra work.
As far as completing my course development, I have stayed right on target with my timeline. Pacing myself and sticking to my timeline in this course development was crucial to being able to finish on time and keep the quality that I desired in my course development. Since I will be using this course for summer training as well as new teacher training, I wanted this course to be ready for deployment once I was finished with the course.

Implementation of this course will not happen prior to the end of this semester. However, I have been able to use many of the videos and step by step directions that I created in this course with teachers at my school. So far, I have found these to have been created without error. The feedback I have received from teachers has been very positive and they have been able to complete the tasks by using the instructions provided. This makes me feel very good about providing this course online to teachers next summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment